Hard Techno 2017 Hard Techno 2017

Digging the synthwave undertones.

FunkyCheer FunkyCheer

This has got a nice lounginess to it. Loops pretty well. I'd maybe bring the percussion out a little more, but I'm digging that sax.

VulpesHilarianus responds:

Oh, the sax, man. I love the saxophone. The one that I used is Embertone's Sensual Sax. It does auto-expression using an algorithm that blends the samples so that you don't need to adjust legato times and everything manually. Check it out if you get the chance.

Eradicate Eradicate

This is a great base to build on, but it doesn't sound finished just yet. You should really consider adding some percussion. Kick drums, hi hats, snares, the works. Good start though!

LuWolf responds:

I love the criticism thank you very much for reviewing!

Awkward Awkward

I really dig the atmosphere this makes; the slightly off-kilter sound does a great job of implying that something isn't quite right. The samples are interesting and loaded with texture. Some pretty rich sound you got going.

Error104 responds:

Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad you liked it :)

On the trekk On the trekk

Hey this is pretty neat! I like a lot of the elements of your composition, particularly the way you avoided repetition. The speed change is interesting, that's something that can be difficult to pull off well.

I wish it didn't end so abruptly!

Catalyst Catalyst

Pretty sweet melody you got going on there, it's wicked catchy. Digging that portamento.

You should toss up something from milky, wouldn't mind hearing your tracker skills.

Esoterik responds:

ty, i haven't worked in milky in soo long.. i think i have a couple songs still from when i did ill try to find them.

[8b] Project:R [8b] Project:R

Hot damn, this is some next-level shit. Please spam NG with your music, I love this song. Your melodies, your beats, your use of effects, your mastering, it all sounds great. I don't usually like to leave reviews if I can't offer any advice for improvement but this track is just too cool not to comment on.

Well done, I'd be shocked if you don't place high in the contest.

Final Fight! Chip Tune Final Fight! Chip Tune

This is really excellent! Did you use a tracker? If so you've got some mighty impressive decay effects going on. I also really dig your lead instrument; it's got just the right retro touch to it. The rest of your instruments are good too. I can't think of anything I would have done differently or what I would have improved upon, I wish I could make tunes like this. Awesome job!

Mrkapow responds:

Thank you! =) Funny enough, I didn't. This was all through Reason 5. I tried to make famitracker on my mac but it just wouldn't work for me =( Thank you so much for your comment and of course you could make a tune like this! Anyone can if you put the hard effort towards it! This was a big project and it took a very long to finalise and fit together. So if you put the time in, I bet you could do it too =) Thanks again!

Rockell-In A Dream(16Bit) Rockell-In A Dream(16Bit)

You've got some good melodies going here.

However you could have done a bit more to some of your lead instruments. Leaving them as basic square waves seems a bit lazy, even if you're going for a simple sound. The lead you used starting at ~0:48 was quite pleasing, but the one you opened with could have used some work.

Overall the track is lacking in flavor. You've got practically no noticeable effects; reverb, delay, etc. I mean, there are some here and there, but there's quite a lot more you could do.

The track is a bit long for the number of ideas in it and eventually the mix of recycled sounds and lack of surprises causes it to become stale.

Like I said though, the melodies sound promising and the beat is solid. If you could stand to spend quite a bit more time on this track I'm sure you can make it into something really great. It's got potential.

Black Peter Black Peter

You know what you've done. It's been a journey. Fuck your sensations but I don't want out.